What we do
At ecdp we represent and support disabled people providing finance, advice and guidance for everyday life.
Lived experience has a place at the heart of our organisation. We record the lived experience of ecdp members and those in the wider community in many ways and use this information to act as a strong, unified, and knowledgeable voice. It is in this way that we can speak for disabled people and create positive change.
Find out more about lived experience
At ecdp we offer a range of programmes to enhance the lives of disabled people. These programmes provide support that is tailored to you as an individual.
Our Services Include
- Affiliate membership
- Read more about Affiliate membership
- Enjoy the benefits of partnering your organisation with ecdp through an Affiliate membership
- Joining ecdp as an Affiliate member is a way for your organisation to put itself at the heart of one of the UK’s leading Disabled People’s User Led Organisations.
- Associate membership
- Read more about Associate membership
- Discover how you can enjoy the benefits of membership through an associate membership
- As an Associate member of ecdp, you will become part of an organisation that provides one voice for a growing number of disabled and older people
- DBS checking service
- Read more about DBS checking service
- Find out more about our fast, flexible and affordable DBS service (previously known as CRB)
- As a registered independent umbrella body, ecdp applies for hundreds of DBS checks each year, both in bulk for organisations and single applications for individuals.
- Disability Confident Portal
- Read more about Disability Confident Portal
- In the UK alone, the collective annual spend of disabled people is estimated at £80 billion.
- Being Disability Confident makes business sense. Can your organisation afford not to be Disability Confident?
- ecdp advertising
- Read more about ecdp advertising
- Discover how your organisation could benefit from our range of advertising opportunites
- Do you want to reach over 2,500 people in Essex and beyond? ecdp has a range of advertising opportunities. Affiliate members receive a 10% discount.
- Full membership
- Read more about Full membership
- ecdp membership is completely free for disabled people living, working or studying in Essex
- Discover the great range of benefits an ecdp membership will give you access to, and, find out how you can become a full member of ecdp.
- Get involved
- Read more about Get involved
- Take a proactive stance on life and get involved with ecdp today. We offer you a range of opportunities
- You can make a positive difference to your life. Learn about our range of programmes, projects and volunteering options
- Our publications
- Read more about Our publications
- Join the debate about disability today. Subscribe to receive the latest from ecdp news
- Keep up-to-date with ecdp and the world of disability. You can subscribe to recieve our e-news bulletin and read or listen to ecdp extra, our magazine
- PA vacancies
- Read more about PA vacancies
- If you are a Personal Assistant, ecdp provides access to an up-to-date list of job vacancies across Essex
- Our PA register plays a vital role in helping disabled people find suitable applicants for their PA requirements and also provides an up-to-date source of job opportunities for PAs.
- Payroll services
- Read more about Payroll services
- Our payroll bureau offers a reliable efficient service for people who employ Personal Assistants or Carers
- Our Account Management and Payroll Team understand the nature of your Direct Payment contract and are here to help you. ecdp supports over 3,500 service users in the UK
- Personal Health Budgets
- Read more about Personal Health Budgets
- Expertise in Personal Health Budgets
- We provide Personal Health Budget services and are national leaders in the promotion of best practice in this area.
- Support planning
- Read more about Support planning
- At ecdp we can enable you to live the life you want, it all starts with a carefully developed support plan.
- Since our support planning service was introduced to Essex in 2009 we have supported over 1,000 disabled people through the proccess of creating their support plan.