Disability Confident Portal
Welcome to the ecdp Disability Confident Portal
Employing disabled people is not just the right thing to do. It makes business sense, and will enhance your organisation. If your company is Disability Confident, you can support your employees, and your customers.
Disability Confident in Numbers...
- Nearly 7 million people of working age in the UK are disabled or have a health condition
- For the average business, 20% of their customers are disabled people
- More than three quarters of disabled people acquire their disability as adults
- Disabled people contribute over £80 billion a year to the UK economy
- Almost 5 million people care for a friend or relative
- There are over 11 million disabled people in the UK today
To find out more about our Disability Confident consultancy, get in touch today.
Contact William Snagge, Director of Policy and Development
Useful Disability Confident resources
Are you a disabled person looking to find employment? We can help...
On Tuesday 29 July 2014, Laura Dunn and Laura May from ecdp visited Chelmsford Community Radio to chat with presenter Emily Graves about the recent Future Focus project. Listen to the interview
A range of measures will be used to radically change representation on air, and to make the BBC a top employer for people with disabilities.
A brand new plan called the Integrated Personal Commissioning Programme (IPC) has been developed, which allows patients for the first time to have blended comprehensive health and social care funding at their disposal. This allows them to direct where the money is to be used in relation to their needs.