Disability Confident Portal
Welcome to the ecdp Disability Confident Portal
Employing disabled people is not just the right thing to do. It makes business sense, and will enhance your organisation. If your company is Disability Confident, you can support your employees, and your customers.
Disability Confident in Numbers...
- Nearly 7 million people of working age in the UK are disabled or have a health condition
- For the average business, 20% of their customers are disabled people
- More than three quarters of disabled people acquire their disability as adults
- Disabled people contribute over £80 billion a year to the UK economy
- Almost 5 million people care for a friend or relative
- There are over 11 million disabled people in the UK today
To find out more about our Disability Confident consultancy, get in touch today.
Contact William Snagge, Director of Policy and Development
Useful Disability Confident resources
Are you a disabled person looking to find employment? We can help...
People who employ their own care and support staff (individual employers) can apply for funding from Skills for Care to cover the full cost of care-related training for both themselves and their personal assistants.
ecdp client Daniel McGauley, who has been regularly featured in our online news, has won a Bill Tucker award which recognises his personal contribution, tenacity and dedication to sport.
Disability hate crime is a serious offence which can devastate the life of a person living with disability. At ecdp we are working with the Strategic Hate Crime Prevention Partnership in Essex to try and stamp it out for good.