Election Manifestos 2015
This is a selected list of proposals, which affect disabled people, taken from the relevant manifesto.
Conservative Party Manifesto
- Freeze working age benefits for two years from April 2016, with exemptions for disability and pensioner benefits.
- Lower the benefits cap from £26,000 to £23,000, but continue to have exemptions from the cap for those receiving Disability Living Allowance or the Personal Independent Payment.
- Guarantee that you will not have to sell your home to fund your residential social care.
- Increase support for fulltime unpaid carers.
- Review hate crime legislation, including the case for extending the scope of the law to cover crimes committed against people on the basis of disability.
- Scrap the Human Rights Act, and introduce a British Bill of Rights. The Bill will remain faithful to the basic principles of human rights, which the UK signed up to in the original European Convention on Human Rights.
- Break the formal link between British courts and the European Court of Human Rights, and make the own Supreme Court the ultimate arbiter of human rights matters in the UK.
- Aim to halve the disability employment gap by transforming policy, practice and public attitudes, so that hundreds of thousands more disabled people who can and want to be in work find employment.
Green Party Manifesto
Thursday 07 July 2016 is THE BIG HEALTH DAY from 10am to 3pm.
Disability Essex provided advice, support and a place to socialise for disabled people, their families and carers since 1949 but has closed due to financial difficulties.
Dust off your blue suede shoes, brylcreem your quiff and get ready to Party with Elvis on 07 May!