Working Together to Shape Futures: The Care Act –Voluntary Sector Briefing
The Care Act brings the biggest reform of adult social care since 1948 and will introduce new rights for those who need care and support as well as for unpaid carers.
As a strategic stakeholder in the charitable and voluntary sector, we would like to invite you to a key briefing event to discuss how we can work more closely together and in particular:
• The Care Act –what you need to know
• Essex County Council’s vision for working with the voluntary sector
• Essex’s response to the Care Act –IAGA strategy and commissioning framework
• A demonstration of the information, advice, guidance and advocacy portal
• Voluntary sector opportunities and action
If you would like to join us on 18 March 2015, please email Caroline Newman at email@example.com.
Please feel free to forward this invite to those in your network who may also be interested in attending.
Places are limited and we will allocate on a first come first served basis.
Date and time: 13:30 to 16:30, 18 March 2015
Venue: Players Lounge, Weston Community Homes Stadium, United Way, Colchester CO4 5U
Thursday 07 July 2016 is THE BIG HEALTH DAY from 10am to 3pm.
Disability Essex provided advice, support and a place to socialise for disabled people, their families and carers since 1949 but has closed due to financial difficulties.
Dust off your blue suede shoes, brylcreem your quiff and get ready to Party with Elvis on 07 May!